Lithuania has three mobile network operators, each of which operates prepaid services under a different brand name which also have a separate website (except Telia Extra).
- Telia - prepaid brands: Ežys and Extra
- Tele2 - prepaid brand: Pildyk
- Bitė - prepaid brand: Labas
There is also another wireless internet provider LRTC that uses WiMAX and 4G/LTE technology sold under the brand name Mezon. In 2014 telecommunications start-up Widerfi introduced Local Breakout (LBO) technology. Thus visitors coming to Lithuania can still use their home operator's SIM card for voice and calls and switch only for data.
Frequencies & Coverage Edit
All three major networks cover the country in 2G on 900 and 1800 MHz. 3G is covered by Tele2 (~98±1% on -95 dBm RSSI), by Telia (~96±1% on -95 dBm RSSI) and by Bitė (~96±1% on -95 dBm RSSI) on 2100 MHz and 900 MHz (in rural areas) (coverage data is up to Febuary 1, 2018). -95 dBm RSSI is moderate strength connection for 3G. 4G LTE has started on Tele2 and Telia on 800 (B20), 1800 (B3) and 2600 (B7) MHz and covers around 99% of population in 2018. Bitė covers 97% of population on the same frequencies in 2018. 4G is covered by Tele2 (~77.5±2.5% on -105 dBm RSRP), by Telia (~72.5±2.5% on -105 dBm RSRP) and by Bitė (~67.5±2.5% on -105 dBm RSRP). 4G coverage data is up to Febuary 1, 2018. -105 dBm RSRP is moderate strength connection for 4G.
According to OpenSignal, 4G LTE availability (proportion of time OpenSignal app users have access to 4G network) in Lithuania is 88.40% (Febuary, 2018). It is in 8th place in the world together with Kuwait. According to OpenSignal, average download speed on 4G LTE network is 30.78 Mbps (Febuary, 2018). Download test were performed by OpenSignal app users and also depends on consumer device capabilities (LTE-Advanced support). It is in 15th place in the world according to this metric. According to speedtest.net, average mobile internet download speed in Lithuania is 40.02 Mbps and 13.75 Mbps upload (April, 2018). It is 18th place in the world.
Specific information about Coverage & expected Download Speed Edit
Generally, there is a very good 3G/4G coverage across the country. You can find current and detailed information about coverage (GSM, UMTS, and LTE) of the major network operators here. It is made by RRT (The Communications Regulatory Authority of the Republic of Lithuania). It includes a map (you can select different layers with different operator/connection technology in a map) and a table/chart data of all operators with expected GSM, UMTS and LTE coverage calculations which were done using the same methods for all operators.
They have also created a convenient tool to evaluate mobile internet download speed (and some other connection strength and quality data: like RSRP, RSRQ, SINR) from all operators for 3G and 4G connections in various locations across Lithuania. It was done by a special purpose travelling car equipped with consumer grade mobile internet modems.
Additional info Edit
The three major network operators sell their prepaid lines under different names: Pildyk, Labas and Ežys whose rates are amongst the lowest in all of Europe. Prepaid SIM cards are available in the brand stores of the network providers (Tele2, Telia, Bitė), supermarkets (e.g.: MAXIMA, IKI, RIMI, NORFA, LIDL), gas stations (e.g.: Circle K, Viada, Neste, Orlen), kiosks/newsstands (e.g.: "Lietuvos spauda", NARVESEN, "Kauno spauda"), coffee shops and other agencies where you find top-up vouchers too (may not be available in some of them, because they sell only top-up vouchers). These agencies usually have the prepaid brand sticker they sell attached to their doors or some other place. No ID or registration is needed for purchase.
EU roaming: NO roam like at home? Edit
Ežys and Extra (by Telia) EditTelia Lithuania, formerly Omnitel, owned by the Swedish-Finnish Telia Group. It has the one of the best overall coverage together with Tele2: Telia LT Coverage Map. 4G/LTE already covers 99% of the population in 2018 and it is available to prepaid users without any surcharge. They offer two very similar prepaid brands called Extra and Ežys (hedgehog in English).
The Extra and Ežys SIM is sold for €1.50 to €2.00 with the same credit preloaded. You can buy it in Telia stores (list) and at Iki, Rimi, Maxima supermarkets, at kiosks, coffee shops and lots of other outlets where you can buy top-up vouchers too.
All Extra and Ežys SIM cards are triple-sized in mini, micro and nano format. Check the package when buying if you need nano size - some older packages (issued before 2017) contain only mini and micro cards.
Telia Extra and Ežys SIM cards are quite similar, but imply different data packages. The management of the SIMs are identical. Same coverage, application, dashboard and payment methods.
Activation and validity Edit
When you buy Telia Extra SIM card, its number is written on the package and SIM card holder plate rear side.
When you purchase latest Ezys SIM card, your mobile number is printed on the outer SIM card ("tavo numeris" = your number). To activate your card, you should dial 1544. Listen to the voice menu; it will ask for a language (press "9" for English), then press "1" to activate the card and hear the mobile number acquired. It will confirm your mobile number to you. Get ready to write it down for future usage. The activation call is free, but don't accept the invitation to hear your balance during this call, which will cost you €0.03 (a problem if the supplied credit is €1.50 and you want to buy a weekly bundle for €1.49).
To check your balance at any other time, dial 1544 and press "2" in voice menu (for €0.03 per request). You will hear your account balance.
The SIM card is valid for 100 days after its first usage. Then your card will be suspended with only incoming calls and SMS messages available for a grace period of 250 days maximum. After 250 days, it will be blocked permanently without any chance to restore it. To extend, you should recharge your account. Each €1 top-up extends the number lifetime for another 30 days.
Roaming outside Lithuania is disabled by default. To enable it, send +TRP command to number 1570 (free). After getting a confirmation, you will be able to use your SIM card outside Lithuania, but only for voice and SMS, not for data roaming, which remains inaccessible outside the country.
You can recharge your account in different ways:
- by "multiple top-up card": You can find a plastic card with special barcode in each new Ezys package. With this card, you can make instant (electronic) top-up at supermarkets, kiosks and service stations. If you wish to top-up your account, give your top-up card and the required amount of money (or your credit card) to the cashier. The cashier will scan the barcode and your account will be topped-up instantly. You will be notified by SMS. The minimum top-up amount is €1.
- by top-up vouchers: you can buy a top-up voucher in kiosks, supermarkets and Telia-branded shops. Dial 1544 and follow the voice menu instructions to redeem the voucher; the minimum amount is €2. Vouchers can be activated only in Lithuania. Unfortunately, you can't redeem them abroad, either by phone or online. Vouchers also have an expiry date, before which you need to activate it.
- by credit card online. Choose "ĮKRAUK IŠ KORTELĖS" to pay online using your credit card. Also you can try this page. Extra and Ežys allow direct online recharge using credit card but not all EU cards are accepted.
Ežys (by Telia) Edit
Data feature packages Edit
Default rate is €0.26 for 10 MB (valid up to current day 23:59 h.). It is activated automatically if you try to use mobile internet and have enough credit for it.
Activate selected package by texting its code to 1566. SMS costs €0.05. These packages will automatically renew, if there is enough credit. To stop, text the activation code and replace + sign with - to 1566 (for €0.05).
To avoid typing the SMS commands and incurring SMS charges, you can use the "Mano Ežys" smartphone app (iOS and Android) or carry out those tasks online instead. Overuse or out of bundle use is charged at the default rate.
You can have only one active calling plan plus one active data plan (exception: you can always have night package) at the same time. If you order another one, the first one gets cancelled. Cancelled plan's benefits (calls/SMS/data) works up until that plan should have worked. The benefits which end the soonest will be used first.
You can find newest information in English at their website: https://www.ezys.lt/en/plans. It may not be always as recent and full as Lithuanian version (https://www.ezys.lt/planai) though. E.g.: there is no information (for Ežys new bundle plans) that up to 10% data used with Spotify/Tidal is counted against your data quota and is not completely unlimited.
Standard Ežys data plans:
|(00:00 - 06:00) for 30 nights||1 TB||€ 0.89||+AKC NAKTYS||It is technically a promotion. It could be cancelled in the future. However it wasn't cancelled at least for a year or two.|
|1 day||1 TB1||€ 0.79||+NARSYK PARA|
|7 days||1.5 GB2||€ 1.49||+NARSYK SAVAITE|
|30 days||1.5 GB3||€ 3.39||+NARSYK STARTAS|
|30 days||1.5 GB3||€ 2.09||+NARSYK PIGIAU||You need an active calling plan|
|30 days||4 GB4||€ 6.39||+NARSYK 4||Unlimited Facebook data|
|30 days||4 GB4||€ 4.99||+NARSYK 4PIGIAU||Unlimited Facebook data||You need an active calling plan|
|30 days||10 GB4||€ 11.49||+NARSYK 10||Unlimited Facebook data|
|30 days||10 GB4||€ 10.99||+NARSYK 10PIGIAU||Unlimited Facebook data||You need an active calling plan|
1) You may reorder the plan. You will get 1 TB of data for 24 hours. Mobile internet is valid only browsing in Lithuania. If the account balance is sufficient, the plan will renew after the 24 hours are used. 2) You may reorder the plan. The plan is valid for 7 days after the order, and if the account balance is sufficient, the plan renews automatically. Mobile internet is valid only for browsing in Lithuania. 3) You may reorder the plan. Mobile internet is valid only browsing in Lithuania. If the account balance is sufficient, the plan will renew after the 30 days are used. 4) You may reorder the plan. Facebook and the plan megabytes are valid only in Lithuania. Facebook megabytes are not counted as long as they have the plan data. For calls through Facebook Messenger, your mobile internet data will be used. If the account balance is sufficient, the plan will renew after the 30 days are used.
New Ežys bundle (calling+data) plans. Together with unlimited data for Facebook, Messenger, Spotify and Tidal:
Unlimited Facebook, Messenger, Spotify, Tidal GB is valid up until you have plan's or promotion's data package or if you have enough credit in your account balance to browse at default rate. If you use "Spotify" and "Tidal", up to 10% additional data bandwidth will use your mobile data package data quota. Calling through "Messenger" will always use your mobile data package quota.
|Validity||Data||Local minutes||Local SMS||Price||Activation|
|30 days||1.5 GB||180 min.||6000||€ 4.491||+PLANAS LENGVA|
|30 days||1.5 GB||∞ min.||12000||€ 6.292||+PLANAS SUPER|
|30 days||3 GB||∞ min.||6000||€ 6.991||+PLANAS PAPRASTA|
|30 days||6 GB||∞ min.||12000||€ 8.992||+PLANAS VISKAS|
1) You may reorder the plan. Limit of SMS messages per day – 200 SMS to all networks in Lithuania. If the account balance is sufficient, the plan will renew after the 30 days are used. 2) You may reorder the plan. Limit of SMS messages per day – 400 SMS to all networks in Lithuania. If the account balance is sufficient, the plan will renew after the 30 days are used.
Extra (by Telia) Edit
Outside any internet plan, mobile internet is charged by volume: 10 MB for €0.26. The provided data are valid until the end of the current day (at midnight). If all data is used up more quickly, you will automatically get another 10 MB for €0.26.
Data feature packages Edit
These data packages can be added to Extra SIM cards valid for 30 days:
|1 GB||€ 2.45||+NARSYK X1|
|2 GB||€ 3.55||+NARSYK X2|
|4 GB||€ 5.95||+NARSYK X4|
|8 GB||€ 8.95||+NARSYK X8|
|16 GB||€ 12.95||+NARSYK X16|
Activation is by texting code to 1301 for free. Packages will auto-renew after 30 days, if there is enough credit.
More info Edit
- No data roaming outside Lithuania!
- APN: omnitel
- Website for Ežys in English (it is very simplified Lithuanian version; no self-service section): https://www.ezys.lt/en
- Website for Ežys in Lithuanian: https://www.ezys.lt
- Website for Extra in Lithuanian: https://www.telia.lt/extra
- A page for all basic information about Extra in English (all other website parts is in Lithuanian): https://www.telia.lt/extra/angliskai
Pildyk (by Tele2)EditTele2 by the Swedish Tele2 group has one of the best coverage in the country together with Telia: coverage map. 4G/LTE covers 99% of the population in 2018 and is also available for prepaid customers. It is the most popular mobile network in Lithuania. They have 42.6% of the market as of Q4 2017. Their prepaid brand is called Pildyk (top up/fill up in English).
Availability and start-up Edit
A new SIM card is sold for around €2 in Tele2 stores (list)and small stores all over the country like Maxima, Iki or Rimi stores. They contain the same amount. Be careful, because checking the balance by *245# and ordering packages costs €0.04. But it's also possible to do it for free by their smartphone app (Android App) or on the Internet (mano.pildyk.lt).
Pildyk users can make calls for 100 days and receive calls for 180 days after the last top-up. If your account remains at 0, you will be given 80 days until the SIM expires.
To add credit to your account, you can buy top-up cards (vouchers) for €3 or €5 or electronic top-up for €2, €3, €5, €10 or €15 at Tele2 outlets, Perlas lottery stores, press kiosks, supermarkets and service stations.
Data feature packages Edit
They offer different plans, but this doesn't make a difference for data. So you can stay on their standard plan and add one of these data packages:
|1 day||1 GB||€ 0.70||N1|
|7 days||1.5 GB||€ 1.50||N7|
|30 days||1.5 GB||€ 3||N1,5GB|
|3 GB||€ 5||N3GB|
|5 GB||€ 7||N5GB|
|10 GB||€ 10||N10GB|
- weekends and nights: 30 nights, unlimited: €2.50, activation: LAISVALAIKIS. Weekend and night use is every night 23:00 (11 PM) to 06:00 (6 AM) and all day long on weekends.
Text code to 1556 (for €0.05 per SMS) or go to mano.pildyk.lt to activate any data package. Weekly and monthly packages will be renewed automatically if there is enough credit. To stop text 'STOPDATA' to 1556 (for €0.05/SMS). If you don't have enough credit, you can still access narsyk.pildyk.lt to check data balances.
If you have an active calling plan, then the cheaper data plans may work (it worked in the past: beginning of 2017; no information about it on the website). 1.5 GB for 2 €/month (SMS code is: N1,5GBspec). 3 GB for 3.5 €/month (SMS code is: N3GBspec). Text code to 1556 (for €0.05 per SMS). Use it at your own risk because it may not work. You risk loosing € 0.05 for SMS message. It doesn't work if you don't have active calling plan (tested at 2018-05-21, so don't bother sending the SMS message that way).
EU roaming Edit
Pildyk is still allowed to apply surcharges for EU roaming. You can't use domestic packages outside Lithuania. You need to buy one of these special EU roaming packages if you want to use it in other EU countries:
|50 MB||10 min||10||24 hours||€ 1||EU1|
|300 MB||50 min||50||7 days||€ 4||EU7|
|1 GB||120 min||120||30 days||€ 15||EU30|
For activation text the selected package code to 1556 (€ 0.05 per each request). No auto-renew - book another one manually if you still needed.
More info Edit
Labas (by Bitė)EditBitė (The bee in English) has the lowest coverage on 3G/4G in Lithuania, but it is still comparable to other two major mobile network operators (for more info look "Frequencies & Coverage" section above): Bitė's Coverage Map. They started 4G/LTE in 2015 on 800, 1800 and 2600 MHz. 4G is available for 97% of the population in 2018. The prepaid line is called Labas (Hello/Hi in English).
A Labas SIM card can be bought at Bitė stores (list) and many more outlets like Maxima, Rimi, Iki, Norfa and others where recharge vouchers can be found too for €1 or more with the same credit on or some pre-ordered plan advertised on the packaging.
New packages come with triple-cut SIM cards (mini, micro and nano sizes), no need to cut them.
Labas still offers no manual, website, dashboard or system messages in any languages but Lithuanian. However there is one page in English (see "More info" bellow). Card packaging made in 2017-05-23 (so newer card packaging should have some information in English) had a short text in English how to activate the SIM and get mobile internet settings. You can use Chrome browser's integrated Google translate service to help you translate their website and more importantly the dashboard pages (you can't do that from regular machine translation service websites). You can also use Tilde Translator or Microsoft Translator to translate the website. Roaming is active by default; you don't need to activate it.
Recharges and expiration Edit
You can buy Labas top-up vouchers in kiosks, supermarkets and Bitė branded phone shops. The minimum amount is €2. The voucher contains two codes (serial number and activation code) which should be dialled or texted in order to recharge your account.
Labas now accepts online top-ups using credit cards (Visa or MasterCard). This is still the only way to do it from abroad. The website says that only EU cards accepted, but some other cards can be good too. Card should support 3D Secure (Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode) feature. Verified in 2017 with UK card.
All Labas SIM cards are valid for 6 (assuming recharge gives you 3 active months and 3 months grace period after that) months since last recharge. After 3 months, a grace period of 3 months begins. During the grace period you can only receive incoming calls and SMS but can't make outgoing calls or send SMS. Recharge your account to extend its lifetime.
After the grace period ends, they will terminate your subscription and block the number.
You can check your account balance and expiration date by dialling *245#. It will display the actual account balance on your phone screen. Each request costs €0.05. Use "Mano Labas" website or mobile application to check the balance for free. The app quality is poor (basically it just wraps up labas.lt mobile website) and it was updated a really long time ago [2015-09-02], so it is better to use their hybrid web/mobile labas.lt website version instead.
Data feature packages Edit
These domestic data packages on 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE works only Lithuania. These plans do not work together with EU roaming plans: HEYEU and HEYEU7:
Be aware: if you don't have any active data package and you try to use mobile internet, then automatically the STANDARTINIS (€0.79) data package plan will be ordered. It gives you 'unlimited' (FUP: 10 GB, then throttled to 256 kbps) data for 24 hours. Just like LABADIENIS (but it is not completely the same). If you order other data package when STANDARTINIS is active, you will use that other data package data first. When you used that data, then you will start to use STANDARTINIS data again.
- LABAS naktys (HELLO nights) for Summer 2018 (valid from 2018-05-24 to 2018-08-31). It gives you unlimited mobile internet data with unlimited speed from 23:00 to 06:00 every day. To order: send SMS message containing "NAKTYS" (without quotes) to 1550 (free). They offered similar things in the past summers too.
- It works only when your account is active (not a grace period).
- It is subjected to fair usage terms - basically you can use it only by yourself for all your personal needs (rationally, not too excessively) from your phone without doing any tethering or mobile WiFi hot-spots. Anyway, all Labas services are subjected to these fair usage terms so there is no choice anyway. If LABAS thinks that you broke fair usage terms, then at their discretion they can limit some services, offer some other plans or completely cancel their services for you.
- It doesn't turn off other plans and doesn't turn off itself when other plans are being ordered/renewed.
'Unlimited' data packages: Edit
- LABADIENIS (HELLODAY) gives 'unlimited' (FUP: 10 GB, then throttled to 256 kbps) data for 24 hours: €0.79. SMS word is: "LABADIENIS" (without quotes). You can also order this plan with old SMS word: "PARA" (without quotes).
- If you already used 10 GB and order it again, you will have 10 GB again without any speed limit.
- If you order other data plan while LABADIENIS is active, you will use LABADIENIS data first and then the data from other data plan you have ordered.
- LABADIENIS does not renew automatically and does not turn off your other active plan with data.
- VAKARAI BERIBIAI (EVENINGS UNLIMITED) gives 'unlimited' (FUP: 5 GB for one evening, then throttled to 256 kbps) data from 18:00 to 23:00 for 30 days: €3.49. SMS word is: "VAKARAI" (without quotes).
- If you already used 5 GB for one evening and order it again, you will have 5 GB again for that evening without any speed limit. (Not advisable because you just order it on top of the old plan and it is more expensive than LABADIENIS if you only need more unlimited speed only for a day.)
- This plan do not use data from your other active data plans (on that plan's working hours).
- VAKARAI BERIBIAI renews automatically every 30 days if there is enough active credit and does not turn off your other active plan with data. If you don't want automatic renewal, you can turn it off by sending SMS message with "VAKARAI-" (without quotes) to number 1550 (free). You can also turn it off in their self-service website.
- IŠEIGINĖS (WEEKENDS) gives 'unlimited' (FUP: 5 GB per day, then throttled to 256 kbps) data from Saturday 00:00 to Monday 00:00 for 30 days: €1.49. SMS word is: "ISEIGINES" (without quotes).
- Theoretically reordering the plan after 5 GB per day should remove the speed limit and give you 5 GB per day again (it is not mentioned in that plan conditions). LABADIENIS probably would be better bet if you need more data without speed limit for that day.
- This plan do not use data from your other active data plans (on that plan's working hours).
- IŠEIGINĖS renews automatically every 30 days if there is enough active credit and does not turn off your other active plan with data. If you don't want automatic renewal, you can turn it off by sending SMS message with "ISEIGINES-" (without quotes) to number 1550 (free). You can also turn it off in their self-service website.
- MĖNUO BERIBIS (UNLIMITED MONTH) gives "unlimited" data for 30 days (FUP 70 GB, then throttled to 256 kbps): €14.99 (€7.99 when you have an active monthly calling plan). SMS word is: "MBERIBIS" (without quotes).
- If you already used 70 GB and order it again, you will have 70 GB again without any speed limit.
- This plan can't be used with other limited mobile data plans (except all call plans and STANDARTINIS, LABADIENIS, VAKARAI BERIBIAI, IŠEIGINĖS).
- MĖNUO BERIBIS renews automatically every 30 days if there is enough active credit and does turn off your other active limited data plan (see the clause above). If you don't want automatic renewal, you can turn it off by sending SMS message with "MBERIBIS-" (without quotes) to number 1550 (free). You can also turn it off in their self-service website.
Limited data packages: Edit
For month: Edit
- MĖNUO (MONTH) gives 1 GB for 30 days: €2.45 (€1.95 when you have an active monthly calling plan). SMS word is: "MENUO1GB" (without quotes).
- MĖNUO DAUGIAU (MONTH PLUS) gives 2.5 GB for 30 days: €4.99 (€3.49 when you have an active monthly calling plan). Unused data will roll over to next month (data is valid for 30 days). SMS word is: "MDAUGIAU" (without quotes).
- MĖNUO STIPRIAU (STRONGER MONTH) gives 6 GB: €8.99 (€6.99 when you have an active monthly calling plan). Unused data will roll over to next month (data is valid for 30 days). SMS word is: "MSTIPRIAU" (without quotes).
For week: Edit
- SAVAITĖ DAUGIAU (WEEK PLUS) gives 1.5 GB valid for 7 days: €1.59 (€1.29 when you have an active monthly calling plan). SMS word is: "SDAUGIAU" (without quotes).
- SAVAITĖ STIPRIAU (STRONGER WEEK) gives 4 GB valid for 7 days: €2.89 (€2.29 when you have an active monthly calling plan). SMS word is: "SSTIPRIAU" (without quotes).
Once you have a Labas SIM card, you just need send an SMS with appropriate word for a plan to 1500 to activate your data. This SMS will cost €0.05. If you want to cancel your internet plan, you have to send SMS message containing "INTERNETAS-" to 1550 (free). You won't lose the current data packages you have activated, they just won't be renewed. You can also try to use 1550 (free) instead of 1500 (€0.05). It may work because it used to work in the past for ordering some data/calling plans. Also you can do everything on the self-service website mano.labas.lt for free.
You can find all possible call and data plans and most recent information about them here: https://www.labas.lt/planai. Some call plans includes some data in their package. Because monthly call plans gives discounts for data packages, it may be very beneficial to order one. For e.g.: monthly calling plan YES (€2.89) + mobile data plan MĖNUO BERIBIS (€7.99) together cost €10.88. However MĖNUO BERIBIS alone cost €14.99.
- TINKLAINIS (NETWORK THING). It is active for 30 days. It gives free unlimited Facebook, Messenger (no VoIP), Viber, WhatsApp. Now it is free and works if you have some data left. Activation: 'TINKLAINIS' to 1550 (free). To unsubscribe, send the same word to the same number followed by a dash: 'TINKLAINIS-'.
- ŽINYNAS (MANUAL). It gives free unlimited data for these Lithuanian media apps and websites: Delfi.lt, 15min.lt, Lrytas.lt, Cosmopolitan.lt and Panele.lt (probably not very useful if you don't understand Lithuanian). Now it is free and works if you have some data left. Activation: 'ZINYNAS ' to 1550 (free). To unsubscribe, send the same word to the same number followed by a dash: 'ZINYNAS-'.
EU roaming Edit
Like other operators in Lithuania, Bitė is still allowed to surcharge EU roaming past June 2017. Regular packages won't work outside of Lithuania. Instead they have introduced two combo packs for roaming:
- HeyEU: 60 mins, 60 SMS, 1 GB for 30 days - €9.99, activation: text 'HEYEU' to 1500, deactivation: 'HEYEU-' to 1550.
- HeyEU7: 20 mins, 20 SMS, 400 MB for 7 days - €3.99, activation: text 'HEYEU7' to 1500, deactivation: 'HEYEU7-' to 1550.
Both packs include unlimited WAZE app use. Activation SMS costs 0.05€.
More info Edit
- APN: internet
- A page in English (all basic information): https://labas.lt/en
- Website in Lithuanian: https://www.labas.lt
Mezon (by LRTC (Telecentras))Edit
The state-owned Lithuanian Radio and Television Centre (LRTC), also known as Telecentras provides telecoms services under the Mezon brand. It commercially launched of 4G/LTE services in the towns and cities of Klaipėda, Tauragė, Telšiai, Utena, Alytus and Anykščiai in 2015 and Vilnius and another 200 cites (list) in 2017 on 2300 MHz (TDD LTE band 40) covering around 70% of population.
Be aware: Mezon still operates an older network based on WiMAX, which is not a GSM-based technology. Currently they are sunsetting their WiMAX network and migrating customers to 4G/LTE now renting hardware mostly on a 24-month contract. They are no longer offering prepaid option, and offer non-binding contracts instead.
- More info in Lithuanian: http://www.mezon.lt
Widerfi, previously called Cheap Data Communications, offers "unlimited" mobile internet for travelers visiting Lithuania. It works with your home SIM card using "Local Breakout technology" (LBO - see ARP in the Europe section).
Local Breakout Technology Edit
By allowing LBO from 2014, the EU likes to improve competition. Here you can still use your old home SIM and its number for calls and texts, while switching to another operator for data services. This gives the advantage that you are still available on your old mobile number and you don't need to buy a second SIM card. So LBO can be a compromise between EU/international roaming and buying a local SIM, as it's cheaper than roaming but more expensive than a local SIM card.
Set-up instructions Edit
Mobile device APN settings must be changed in order to use this service once in Lithuania:
- manually set mobile network to 'Bitė'
- set your APN to 'euinternet' or 'widerfi'
- turn on mobile data and data roaming
A more detailed set-up instruction can be found here. Widerfi uses the Bitė network (see Bitė above).
Data plans Edit
- 1 day: €5
- 3 days: €8
- 7 days: €12
Users can get full 3G speed. 200 MB per day is offered at full speed. Once this limit is reached, fair usage policies apply and bandwidth capacity is reduced.
- More info: http://widerfi.com
- ↑ https://www.frequencycheck.com/countries/lithuania - Mobile network frequencies information for different mobile network operators. Probably not very accurate.
- ↑ http://epaslaugos.rrt.lt/apreptis/ - Information about 2G/3G/4G mobile network coverage in Lithuania.
- ↑ http://epaslaugos.rrt.lt/apreptis/
- ↑ https://www.telia.lt/privatiems/4g-internetas - Telia covers 99% of country population on 4G LTE mobile network according to their data.
- ↑ https://tele2.lt/privatiems/rysio-zemelapis - Tele2 covers 99% of country population on 4G LTE mobile network according to their data.
- ↑ https://www.bite.lt/apie/bites-rysys - Bitė covers 97% of country population on 4G LTE mobile network according to their data.
- ↑ http://epaslaugos.rrt.lt/apreptis/
- ↑ https://opensignal.com/reports/2018/02/state-of-lte#coverage-lte - OpenSignal's 4G LTE coverage information (February 2018)
- ↑ https://opensignal.com/reports/2018/02/state-of-lte#speed-lte - OpenSignal's 4G LTE download speed information (February 2018)
- ↑ http://www.speedtest.net/global-index/lithuania#mobile - Speedtest.net average mobile and fixed broadband internet speed statistics in Lithuania.
- ↑ https://www.ezys.lt/en/plans/international-rates - Ežys roaming information in English.
- ↑ https://www.ezys.lt/planai/tarptautiniai-tarifai - Ežys roaming information in Lithuanian.
- ↑ https://www.telia.lt/extra-paslaugos-uzsienyje-su-planais - Extra roaming (in EU/EEA countries) with and without a calling plan. Information is in Lithuanian.
- ↑ https://www.ezys.lt/akcijos/narsyk-naktimis - Ežys nighttime mobile internet promotion (information in Lithuanian)
- ↑ https://www.telia.lt/privatiems/pagalba/duk/mobilusis-internetas/naudojimasis-paslauga/naudojimasis-mobiliuoju-internetu/kaip-pradeti-naudotis-mobiliuoju-internetu-telefone - Telia mobile internet settings. Information is in Lithuanian.
- ↑ http://rrt.lt/download/23619/ataskaita_2017_iv_ketvirtis.pdf - Report for electronic connections sector for Q4 2017 (in Lithuanian). MNO's market percentage: Page 7, 9th table.
- ↑ http://rrt.lt/lt/apzvalgos-ir-ataskaitos/elektroniniu-rysiu-sektoriaus-mzkm.html - All other reports for electronic connections sector.
- ↑ https://mano.pildyk.lt/mobilusis-internetas/interneto-nustatymai - Manual Pildyk mobile internet settings.
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/paslaugu-taisykles - 7 and 8 clauses in Labas services agreement talks about recharges and their effects on card validity.
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/pagalba#!saskaita--kaip-suzinoti-saskaitos-likuti
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/planai/standartiniai-tarifai - STANDARTINIS
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/naktys/ - LABAS naktys
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/planai/labadienis - LABADIENIS
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/planai/vakarai-beribiai - VAKARAI BERIBIAI
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/planai/iseigines - IŠEIGINĖS
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/planai/menuo-beribis - MĖNUO BERIBIS
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/planai/menuo - MĖNUO
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/planai/menuo-daugiau - MĖNUO DAUGIAU
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/planai/menuo-stipriau - MĖNUO STIPRIAU
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/planai/savaite-daugiau - SAVAITĖ DAUGIAU
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/planai/savaite-stipriau - SAVAITĖ STIPRIAU
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/internetas/tinklainis - TINKLAINIS
- ↑ https://www.labas.lt/internetas/zinynas - ŽINYNAS