There are four network providers currently operating in Italy:
- 3 (= 'Tre')
The parent companies Vimpelcom and CK Hutchison of Wind and 3 agreed to a merger in summer 2015. Pending approval of the regulators, Wind and Tre will become one network in the coming years.
In recent years MVNOs have started up competing with the network providers on their networks. The four biggest MVNOs 2014 by customer numbers CoopVoce, PosteMobile, FastWeb, Lycamobile, the start-up Ringo Mobile and triple player Tiscali are listed.
2G up to EDGE is on 900 and 1800 MHz, 3G UMTS on 900 and 2100 MHz. LTE/4G is on 800, 1800 and 2600 MHz, has started on all providers and is available to all prepaid customers mainly in the cites, but not for their MVNOs.
A network test in 2016 gave a clear ranking what coverage and speed is concerned: Vodafone is in the lead, followed by TIM, Tre is in 3rd position and Wind is last. The article here is listed like most countries according to market share with TIM leading, followed by Vodafone, Wind and 3, ending with MVNOs.
Legal requirements Edit
To purchase a prepaid (= ricaricabile) SIM card a photo ID (e.g. a passport) is mandatory in Italy. You can get them in the shops of the providers where they will be registered as well.
Sometimes, when the contract modules enforce it, you might be asked for a "codice fiscale" (tax code), a sequence of letters and digits for Italian citiziens and expats for tax and identification matters (more info in Italian.). As a non-Italian traveller of course you don't have yours, but given that it's made by an algorithm considering your name, gender, birth date and birth place, it may be easliy created by specific software or online: How to create a codice fiscale. Some shop sellers may propose you to calculate yours to fill in the purchase contract: for an administrative point of view it might not be the best practice but, due to bureaucratic minutiae, in the end it's the faster way to get a SIM card.
Top-ups can be bought at many more places like tobacconists (blue-'n-white / black-'n-white "T" signs), supermarkets, newsagents and even bars or coffeeshops.
TIMEditTIM owned by Telecom Italia is still the biggest operator in the country. But they lost the best coverage and speeds to Vodafone. All of the country is covered by 2G, most of it by 3G and 4G/LTE is available in 3,500 municipalities covering 80% of the population: TIM 4G coverage. All TIM plans are on 4G/LTE too since May 2016.
A TIM SIM card costs 10 € with 5 € credit in their stores (store locator) . Sometimes they charge an activation fee for new customers of 3 € for booking a package.
Topping up online on their website seems not to be working with many non-Italian credit cards (Visa or MasterCard), as users have reported. You might try AmEx or PayPal there instead. This makes it harder to keep a SIM card alive from abroad. In Italy you can still top-up by going to certain tobacconists, supermarkets, newsagents or bars, where the clerk behind the counter either does the recharge on his terminal for cash, or sells you a card with a 16-digit code you can SMS to 40916 in order to realize the top-up. Interestingly, TIM stores may refuse to do top-ups and will redirect you there.
Their prepaid lines are called TIM Zero Scatti New, TIM a secondi, TIM 9, TIM 12 or Tutto Compresso Base. SIM cards are sold for 10 € with 5 € credit on. They only differ for voice and text. Default rate for data is their daily rate of 4 € for 500 MB. Beyond the included data volume, speed will be reduced to 32 Kbps. No data packages are offered with these tariffs. Data packages for 1 GB and 2 GB however can be added to these cards and/or you can purchase the first 28 days of data in a combined package as described below (the 3 GB and 4 GB options appear to only be available as part of the combined package SIM).
Combined package SIM Edit
They have introduced prepaid SIMs with combined packages, all valid for 28 days. New SIM card is again 10 € with 5 € on, 1st activation of plans for new clients is free, all plans on 4G/LTE too:
- TIM Special Voci & dati: 500 domestic minutes, 2 GB data - 15 €
- TIM Special Start: 1000 domestic minutes, 2 GB data - 20 €
- TIM Special Large: 3000 domestic minutes, 3 GB data - 30 €
- TIM Special Unlimited: unlimited domestic voice and SMS, 250 mins call time to Europe and the US, 4 GB data - 40 €
Package will auto-renew after 28 days if there is enough credit. All internet options with TIM can only be activated and deactivated online or by calling 40916 or 119. For more data, you can add another 1 GB for 5 € or 2 GB for 10 €. Online, this is done on the TIM website; you can click "Offerte", "Mobile", "Voce e Internet", "TIM Special", then look under "Opzioni TIM Special". When checking out, you may run into similar issues as mentioned above using non-Italian credit cards, however, there are options as well for PayPal and using the credit balance on your SIM.
Data-only SIM Edit
Activation of a new data SIM is 3 €, to activate the options below on a existing data SIM, they charge 5 €. You can activate it online, but better to do it in a TIM store.
|Data package||Price||Data Volume||Max. Speed||Validity Period|
|Internet Start||10 €||2 GB||100 Mbps||28 days|
|Internet Large||20 €||5 GB||100 Mbps||28 days|
|Internet XL||30 €||10 GB||100 Mbps||28 days|
|TIM International (only available for foreigners):|
|International 2 GB||5 €||2 GB||100 Mbps||28 days|
|International 10 GB||15 €||10 GB||42.2 Mbps||30 days|
|International 3 GB||20 €||3 GB/month||100 Mbps||6 months|
The promotional tariffs are only available to foreigners with valid ID, but data consumption is in Italy only. A 3 € activation fee is charged for International, plus 10 € for the SIM card.
Tourist SIM Edit
For tourists TIM released a SIM card that they call TIM for Visitors:
- TIM for Visitors: for 20 € (+ 10 € for the SIM card incl. 5 € credit), 100 minutes for calls and 4 GB of data in 30 days
Calls are domestic and international to 57 countries (for list scroll to Paesi Abilitati), data is on 3G/4G and will be throttled to 32 Kbps after exceeding quota. No upsize or extensions possible.
EU Roaming offer Edit
TIM in Viaggio Pass: 500 minutes voice (that's 250 mins incoming and 250 mins outgoing), 500 SMS and 1 GB data valid for 10 days in all countries of Europe and USA on all voice & data SIMs for 20 €. This option can be activated by texting "TVPASS ON" to 40916 to all of their SIM cards. To check allowances, text 'SALDO TVPASS'.
- some VoIP clients like Skype and Viber are blocked on some tariffs
- APN: ibox.tim.it
- Website: http://www.tim.it
Vodafone is Italy's 2nd network and according to network reviews the best in 2016. 4G/LTE covers more than 7,700 municipalities or 93 % of the population at the end of 2015 and is available for prepaid: Vodafone 4G map.
Their SIM is free in their stores (Store Locator), or online to be sent to an Italian postal address. You have to top-up right away and book a base plan. Mini-, micro-, nano-SIM are available. Take care, that a monthly billing cycle with Vodafone in Italy is only 28 days. You can top-up online with internatl. credit cards or PayPal or using vouchers, sold locally for 5-100 €. To check credit, dial 414 or 404.
Voice and data SIMEdit
Vodafone's prepaid line is called Flexi. There are three base packages, all valid for 28 days:
- Flexi Start: with 400 domestic minutes, 100 dom. SMS, 100 MB data for 10 €
- Flexi Maxi: with 1000 domestic minutes, 200 dom. SMS, 100 MB data for 15 €
- Flexi Digital: with 400 domestic minutes, 100 dom. SMS, 2 GB data for 15 €
Data can be added to Flexi Start and Maxi, not to Digital like this:
- 1 GB: plus 5 €
- 2 GB: plus 10 €
- 3 GB: plus 14 €
- 5 GB: plus 19 €
Activation can be made online or by calling 42070. Base rate and data package will auto-renew after 28 days. When data is used up, you will be on the default rate of 2 € per day for 200 MB or you can buy another data package ahead of time on Flexi Start or Maxi.
RED plans Edit
Vodafone's RED plans in Italy are available in a pre- and a postpaid version. The prepaid version (ricaricabile) must be linked to a credit card, but can be terminated anytime. They offer two packages valid for 28 days:
- RED Start: 4 GB data, unlimited calls and SMS
- RED Maxi: 8 GB data, unlimited calls and SMS, Netflix included for 6 months
In both plans 100 MB per day can be used without any surcharges on roaming in the EU/EEA, Turkey, Switzerland and even the US. Every 100 MB more is charged at 2 € up to a max of 4.5 GB per day.
They offer these classical prepaid data packages for modems and tablets in 4G/LTE:
|Giga Start||10 €||2.5 GB||28 days|
|Giga Extra||20 €||5 GB||28 days|
|Giga Maxi||30 €||10 GB||28 days|
As alternative Vodafone offers their Giga Extra and Maxi plans with double data 20 € for 10 GB and 30 € for 20 GB. But take care that this offers involves a contract with a monthly fee which is directly charged to your credit card, and is not on prepaid! But this contract can be suspended anytime online and does not involve a long-term engagement.
Speed is up to 100 MB/s in 4G. Tethering costs 6 € per day extra. Take care to buy either a prepaid (= ricaricabile) or a contract (= abbonamento) SIM!
EU roaming offers Edit
As an add-on Vodafone offers two of the cheapest roaming options in Europe:
- Internet Passport: For 6 € per calendar day (based on Italian time), you get up to 1 GB data in all of the EU/EEA plus Switzerland and Turkey and the US and Canada on data SIM cards. You only pay on these days, you access the internet. You need to activate the option online on your personal account. Beyond 1 GB per day, speed will be throttled to 32 Kbps. Make sure you set APN to: web.omnitel.it while roaming. If you set it to e.g. iphone.vodafone.it or mobile.vodafone.it they will charge you the standard rates! To check balance and data allowances open up in a browser: http://contatori.vodafone.it/.
- Smart Passport: For their voice SIM cards Vodafone sells a similar add-on for roaming in the EU/EEA called Smart Passport. Here 500 MB, 25 mins incoming and 25 mins outgoing voice roaming and 50 internatl. SMS per calendar day (based on Italian time) are included for 3 €. These allowances will be changed to 200 MB, 60 mins and 60 SMS from 12th of June 2016. Additional data will be charged at 2 € for every 100 MB up to 1 GB. Like the internet passport, they charge you only on days of usage. Until the change beyond 500 MB per day, speed will be throttled to 32 kbps. VoIP is allowed, but no tethering. To activate, go to your personal account. Use this APN while roaming: web.vodafone.it
Tourist SIM Edit
Like the other providers in Italy, Vodafone released at SIM card aimed at visitors. It is called Vodafone Holiday and sold for 30 € (or 19 € if you already have a Vodafone Italia SIM card activated). Included are 300 minutes voice domestic and to 43 countries (for list click Scopri i Paesi inclusi nell'offerta), 300 SMS domestic and to these countries and 2 GB of data, all valid for 28 days.
Data is on 4G/LTE too and will be cut off when quota is exceeded. Skype and Viber VoIP calls are included. The package renews automatically after 28 days, if you have loaded another 29 € before.
- online to be sent to an Italian postal address
- VoIP allowed
- Tethering not allowed (and for 5 € extra on data SIMs)
- APN: mobile.vodafone.it /or/ web.vodafone.it - special APNs for the roaming bundles (see above)
- Website in Italian: http://www.vodafone.it
Wind EditWind is Italy's 3rd network in market share, but has the lowest coverage of all 4. They plan to merge with 3 (Tre) in some years.
Wind is giving out 4G/LTE up to 150 Mbps without surcharge to all of its plans and packages. However, their LTE network is rather limited to about 100 cities so far, which are mentioned here: Wind Coverage Checker
They offer a big variety of volume based packages. It sells a lot of rates including domestic calls, texts and internet at very good rates. SIM card activation costs 5 € in WIND shops Wind Store Locator . Top-up cards can be purchased in tobacco stores for 5€, 10€, 15€, etc. Text "Saldo" to 4155 to get balance and "Dati" to get data credit.
Voice and data SIMEdit
They sell a lot of different tariff lines for voice. Only two don't have a monthly base rate:
- "Wind 1" has lower voice rates, but default data rate is 0.24 €/MB.
- "Wind Senza Scatto" has higher voice rates, but the daily rate for data: 4 € for up to 500 MB until midnight. If you are using more, speed will be throttled to 32 kbit/s until around 2am.
These data packages can be added online on your account or by code:
- + 1 Giga: 1 GB for 28 days - 3 €, activation: '1GIGA SI'
- + 3 Giga: 3 GB for 28 days - 6 €, activation: '3GIGA SI'
- + 5 Giga:: 5 GB for 28 days - 9 €, activation: '5GIGA SI'
Overuse will be throttled to 32 Kbps. Activation is online or by texting code to 4033 for free. All packages auto-renew after 28 days, if there is enough credit. To stop, deactivate them on your account or text '?GIGA NO' to 4033 where ? stands for the size of your package..
Data-only SIM Edit
Wind offers two data-only SIM cards called Internet No Stop for an activation fee of 9 €. These two packages can be added:
- Internet No Stop : 1 GB for 28 days - 5 €
- Internet No Stop Large: 2 GB for 28 days - 7.50 €
When all data is used up, speed will be throttled to 32 Kbps. Packages renew automatically after 28 days and can be stopped by texting 'NO STOP NO' or 'NO STOP LARGE NO' to 4033.
Tourist SIM Edit
Finally Wind also released SIM cards aimed at tourists in two different tariff lines:
- Italy Tourist Pass: 20 € - including 100 minutes voice domestic and to 40 countries (list in the middle ) and 2 GB of data valid for 30 days. You can restart this package for more or longer volume by texting 'TOURIST ITZ RESTART' to 4033 for 10 €.
- Tourist Pass Data: 30 € - including 4 GB of data and 5 € credit valid for 30 days. This pack can be extended by a restart for 25 € by texting 'TOURIST DATA RESTART' to 4033.
- APN: internet.wind
- Tethering is allowed
- VoIP is officially not allowed, but not blocked.
3 (spoken: Tre) is Italy's smallest network, but it has already covered 5,000 (of more than 8,100) municipalties by high-speed 3G (up to 42 Mbps) reaching 96% of population. In 2014 they were given frequencies on the 900 Mhz band to reach another 3,200 municipalities at a reduced bandwith (21 Mbps instead of 42 Mbps). So coverage is still limited in the countryside, but can be quite fast in the cities: Tre 3G/4G coverage map.
As 3 has no own 2G network to fall back, it offers national free roaming on 2G TIM network for calls and texts instead, but not for data (for costly 60ct per MB - see Technical Settings).
3's own 4G/LTE network reaches already about 65% of population in 1300 municipalities in 2016 growing fast. They plan to merge with the Wind network in the upcoming years.
Voice and data SIM Edit
Their prepaid base tariff without addons is called "Power15".
Default data rate for new activations is 20 ct per 20 MB (15 ct per minute, 15 ct per SMS).
- Online or by phone you can buy the only data add-on called "Super Internet" giving you 3 GB high speed data per month up to 100 Mbps on 4G for 5 EUR. If you link your SIM to a credit card with a 30 months contract, they will give you 4 GB for 5 EUR.
Furthermore, they offer these combined packages:
|Package||Price||Dom. Minutes||Dom. SMS||Data Volume||Max. Speed||Validity Period|
|ALL-IN 400||10 €||400||400||2 GB||100 Mbps||30 days|
|ALL-IN 800||12 €||800||800||2 GB||100 Mbps||30 days|
|ALL-IN 1600||14 €||1600||1600||2 GB||100 Mbps||30 days|
|ALL-IN One||20€||unlimited||unlimited||4 GB||100 Mbps||30 days|
ALL-IN packages doesn't require a minimum initial top-up although many 3Stores tell you so. Even if given per month, all allowances of ALL-IN packs are actually limited per week (divided by 4). This means a limit of 500 MB data per week on a 2 GB package for instance.
Data-only SIM Edit
Their data-only SIM is aimed at tablets and modems. It comes in a time- and a volume-based rate:
- Time-based: 'SuperWeb Time': Default rate: 0.90 € per hour on Tre network, 0.60 € per MB in national roaming on TIM. You can add the SuperWeb.100 package (see below).
- Volume-based: 'SuperWeb New': Default rate: 0.50 € per 100 MB on Tre network, 0.60 € per MB in national roaming on TIM. You can add one of the SuperInternet packages (see below).
Activation of a new SIM card is free. If you want to activate the packages on an existing SIM card, Tre charges 9 €. Although tethering is not contractually allowed, it works without surcharge.
|Package||Price||Data Vol.||Max. Speed||Validity||Base Plan|
|SuperInternet 3GB||5 €||3 GB||100 Mbps||30 days||SuperWeb New|
|SuperInternet 8GB||10 €||8 GB **||100 Mbps||30 days||SuperWeb New|
|Superinternet 30GB||25 €||30 GB ***||100 Mbps||30 days||SuperWeb New|
|SuperWeb.100||15 €||100 hours *||42 Mbps||30 days||SuperWeb Time|
* According to users, connection will be throttled in both download and upload speeds unconditionally of time expiration, if used with high data streams
** Data volume is actually limited to 2 GB per week
*** Data volume is actually limited to 1 GB per day
Tre has a strange billing cycle for the renewal of the SuperInternet 3GB package. The renewal is charged automatically every 30 days but data is considered for calendar month
Tourist SIM Edit
Like the other providers Tre offers these tourists SIM cards called ALL-IN Explorer in a promotion at least until the end of 2016. These SIM cards are sold in Tre stores (designated 3 stores for tourist offer).
|Package||Price||Data Volume||Validity Period|
|ALL-IN Explorer Week||20 €||10 GB||7 days|
|ALL-IN Explorer Month||40 €||20 GB||30 days|
Max. speed on 4G/LTE where available is 100 Mbps. Overuse is charged at 50.41c per MB on Tre and at 60.5c per MB on national roaming on TIM.
Roaming Packages Edit
Tre also offers cheap roaming to some other countries:
Europe Pass: 500 minutes and 500 MB data per week all over the EU incl. Switzerland, as well as Israel, Australia, the US, Canada, China, Hong Kong and Sri Lanka for 0.30 € per call/data session (defined as one continuous connection up to 6 hours). Be careful: dropping coverage and reconnecting counts as a seperate session. So with a spotty 3 network (which is not unlikely), this can add up considerably. Europe Pass needs to be activated by calling 4040 from Tre in Italy, +39 393 393 4077 from out of Italy or better in your online account (Area Clienti) or by app.
- online to be sent to an Italian postal address
- in 3stores (store locator)
- Voice SIM card costs 20 € start-up price. When ordered online, it will be sent with the same credit on. In 3stores, they may charge you around 5 € for activation.
- combined mini-/micro-SIMs are available, nano SIMs are available too
- APN: tre.it
- Take care: Due to the roaming agreement with TIM ensure you have data roaming disabled or select 3G-only mode (for iOS users: make a manual network selection for "3 ITA" and lock on it). By automatic selection you risk roaming on TIM. This gives you a better coverage, but can lead to high surcharges for data unless you can disable data roaming (see rates).
Coop VoceEditCoop Voce is a MVNO using the good TIM network. It is sold by Italy's biggest supermarket chain "coop" in all their stores nationwide: coop store locator
The SIM card is sold for 10 € with 5 € balance. Choose one tariif without base rate like "superfacile" or "veloce". Top-ups can be made at coop shops or online after registration even with foreign credit cards in increments of 5 €.
Data feature packagesEdit
- Web 1 GB senza limiti: 8 €, 1 GB, 1 month, activation: 'SI 1 GIGA'
- Web 2 GB senza limiti: 10 €, 2 GB, 1 month, activation: 'SI 2 GIGA'
- Web 5 GB senza limiti: 14 €, 5 GB, 1 month, activation: 'SI 5 GIGA'
- Web No limiti: 18 €, 10 GB, 1 month , activation: 'SI NO LIMITI'
- Web 30 ore: 12 €, 30 hours, activation: 'SI 30 ORE'
For activation, simply text code to 4243688. Check data credit by texting 'INTERNET' to 4243688. When you have used up all data, you can buy another package ahead of time by calling 188. Each package will automatically renew after one month, if there is credit. If not, the pack will be terminated. To stop call 4243688 before the renewal date. The SIM stays valid for 25 months.
More info Edit
- APN: web.coopvoce.it
- Website in Italian: http://portale.coopvoce.it/web/portale
Poste mobileEditPoste mobile is the MVNO of Italian Mail (Posteitaliane) which used to operate on Vodafone. In 2014 they switched over to the rather limited Wind network on 2G and 3G. In November 2015 4G/LTE was opened to most tariffs. It's the biggest MVNO by customer numbers in the country.
This SIM can be bought (theoretically) in every postal office in Italy and postal agencies called "ki point" for 10 €, but they are probably easier to find in the central post offices, where they have a phone corner: List .
Anyway, all post offices and agencies accept top-ups or you can do that online after registration using a credit card. In 2016 Italy's competiton watchdog ordered Posteitalia not to sell their own product Poste Mobile only, but those of its competitors too.
Combo packages: Creami Giga Turbo Edit
In 2015 a new tariff line was introduced with Creami (= create me) that has been opened to 4G/LTE. It contains a number of credits, that can be used for domestic calls, texts or data and an additional data allowance per month. 1 unit is 1 minute or 1 SMS or 1 MB.
- 10 €: 1000 credits and 1 GB data
- 15 €: 2000 credits and 2 GB data
- 20 €: 3000 credits and 3 GB data
All packages auto-renew after one month, if there is enough credit. You can change between the packages every month for a 8 € fee by calling 160 customer service.
Data-only SIM Edit
For tablets and routers, Poste mobile gives out data-only SIM cards. One of the three choices need to be activated after purchase or by command:
- Mobile 1Giga: 1 GB per month: 7.50 € - activation: text 'SI GIGA', to stop 'NO GIGA'.
- Mobile 3Giga: 3 GB per month: 9.90 € - activation: text 'SI 3GB', to stop 'NO 3GB'
- Mobile 10Giga: 10 GB per month: 14.90 € - activation and deactivation: online
Speed is up to 150 Mbit/s on 4G. All packages auto-renew. To activate or deactivate, text code to 4071160. For overuse, a high fee of 0.50 € per MB is applied, but you will receive a message before.
Alternatively, they sell 2 time-based packages on 2G and 3G only:
- Internet 30 ore: 30 hours per month: 9.90 € - activation online or text 'SI 30ORE'
- Internet 100 ore: 100 hours per month: 19 € - activation online or text 'SI 100ORE'
Speed is only up to 14.4 Mbit/s on 3G. Activation is sent to 4071160. All packages auto-renew. To stop text 'NO ??ORE' with ?? your package to the same number. For overuse a high rate of 2.02 € per hour is applied, but you will receive a message before.
More info Edit
- APN: internet.postemobile.it /or/ wap.postemobile.it
- Website in Italian: https://www.postemobile.it
Fastweb is an Italian MVNO specialising in Triple Play and Broadband Services. It has been bought by Swisscom. In Italy it operates on the networks of 3 (Tre) in 3G and TIM in 2G. In 2016 they asked for permission to move to TIM alltogether.
Their SIM card is sold at their sales outlets: Fastweb Store Locator. There you can reload too.
Data feature packs Edit
They have these product lines with data:
- Simpati: default data rate is 0.20 € on 3G (Tre) and 0.30 € on 2G (TIM) and no packages
- Mobile100: 100 dom. minutes, 300 dom. texts, 100 MB 3G data in 1 month: 3 € with an activation fee of 14 €.
- Mobile Fuel 2GB: 300 dom. minutes, 300 dom. texts, 2 GB 3G data in 1 month: 10 €
- Sprintweb: 1 GB 3G data, 1 month, 5 €
- GigaWeb: 5 GB 3G data per month, for 3 months, total 30 € (for all three months)
Note: Speed will be throttled to 64 kbps beyond data limit. The packages are only on the 3G network of Tre, not on 2G of TIM, where their default tariff applies. So disable automatic network selection (see Tre above).
More info Edit
- APN: apn.fastweb.it
- Website in Italian: http://www.fastweb.it
Lycamobile is an UK-based MVNO which started its operations in Italy in summer of 2014 and is already the 2nd most popular MVNO in the country by customer numbers. It operates on the network of Vodafone in 2G and 3G only (for coverage see above).
Their SIM cards are sold for free in their outlets like Carrefour hypermarkets: Lycamobile store locator. Top-ups must be done right away there, or e.g. at Coop and Pam supermarkets. To find more shops for reloads click "Ricarica" on the store locator link.
Data feature packs Edit
Default data rate is 0.18 € per MB. They offer these two monthly packages:
- 1 GB: 7 €, activation: *139*1001#
- 2 GB: 13.50 €, activation: *139*1002#
This package will auto-renew every month, if there is credit. To stop, call customer service at 40322. You can add extra data, valid for the rest of the running time of the base package:
- 1 GB: 4 €, activation: *139*10011#
- 2 GB: 7 €, activation: *139*10022#
EU roaming offer Edit
Lycamobile offers cheap roaming bundles to be used in certain EU countries only. All packages are valid for 30 days and can't be renewed ahead of time. For more info see Euro5.
More info Edit
- In many countries Lycamobile actively prevents tethering.
- APN: data.lycamobile.it
- Username: lmit (that's lowercase L, not capital i)
- Password: plus
- Website in English: http://www.lycamobile.it/en/
Ringo Mobile Edit
Ringo Mobile by Noverca and ICS is a MVNO on the good TIM network in 2G and 3G only, no 4G/LTE so far. It has started in September 2015 and claims to be the first "multi-ethnic" MVNO of Italy. At least it has an English website.
Their starter pack is available at very few own Ringo stores and some more points of sale (locator, for points of sale check box) for 8 € with 5 € preloaded credit.
Top-ups can be made online by internatl. credit card or PayPal 5-100 € or by vouchers sold at their outlets. To top up type *135*9911*<voucher PIN># and to check credit *123#. SIM card and credit stays valid for 12 months after the last recharge.
Data packages Edit
All allowances (domestic voice, texts and data) can be customized on your account. You can change or reset any package month by month. If you don't change, the same package will be charged again when you have enough credit on your balance.
Data outside of packages by default is a very low 1c per MB. They offer these monthly packages for domestic data:
- 1 GB: 5 €
- 3 GB: 10 €
- 8 GB: 20 €
- 15 GB: 30 €
Their APN is not verified but likely: web.noverca.it but configuration can be sent from here.
- Website in English: http://www.ringomobile.it/en