4 Network operators left from 6.
- MTN, by Spacetel Benin
- Moov, by Maroc Telecom
- Glo Mobile
- .Be Télécoms
5th Operator BBCOM Bancrupt and license revoked, and the 4th network operator is the state-owned Libercom that has been announced to be winded down.
Network regulator is ARCEP and currency is CFA Franc (XOF). The country code is +229.
MTN (Spacetel Benin)Edit
The largest operator in number of users is the South-African based MTN, operating via Spacetel Benin.
200 CFA for SIM
Data feature packagesEdit
The base rate is 10 CFA per MB and can be activated with *130*6#. MTN Benin offers social media packages and data packages that in general can be activated via the menu on *130#. Social media packages
Forfait MTN XTRA TCHAT gives access to Whatsapp, Twitter and Facebook. The two packages auto-renew after activation. To check the status use USSD *130*5*3#. To cancel the packages use *130*5*4#.
- The daily package (journalier) costs 250 CFA and gives 40 MB of usage. Activation with *130*5*5*1#
- The weekly package (hebdomadaire) costs 1200 CFA and gives 250 MB of usage. Activation with *130*5*5*2#
Forfait MTN NET CALL are special packages aimed at calling via WhatsApp, Tango, Skype and Viber. The packages auto-renew after activation.
- The daily package (journalier) costs 500 CFA for 80 MB. Activation with *130*5*1*1#
- The weekly package (hebdomadaire) costs 2000 CFA for 200 MB. Activation with *130*5*1*2#
- The monthly package (mensuel) will set you back 6000 CFA for 1 GB. Activation with *130*5*1*3#
Moov EditMoov is owned by Etisalat
Glo MobileEditThird operator
.Be Télécom Edit
State operator for fixed lines and WiMAX + CDMA. Launched 4G in 2015 with coverage in Cotonou, Porto-Novo, Calavi, Ouidah and in Allada.
Data only sim card for 500 CFA Available in their outlets , including one at Cotonou International Airport
Smaller operator soon to be dissolved state mobile operator.
Prepaid plan is called Eureka
Slow internet at 100 Kbps